Thursday, March 11, 2010

what's in a name

Isn't it so common at one point or two in our elementary or secondary years, when we were asked to write an essay of where our names came from? Wheeew! Maybe most of u, if not all have beautiful and exciting stories of your names. My friends would have a name which is a combination of their parents'. One's name started with letter C because she was the third child and C is the third letter of the alphabet. One was named after the month they were born or after a favorite actor of his mother and many other stories. My classmates then would have several paragraphs with many sentences in a paragraph (Teachers would encourage lots of sentences those days. And as much as possible, both sides of the paper would be consumed.)

And there went my anxiety :( My name doesn't have any story. I've asked my mother about this a thousand times. Only she could mention, "Oh, I've read that name somewhere else." Oh mama... Hadn't she anticipated that essays on "How did you get your name?" will be asked of me in the future? :) But I got over that "pity-me-i-dont-have-a-name's-story thing" already. I just can't remember what I've written. Maybe I just made up something just to fill my paper. :)

My real name is Emmylou. And that's it. I can tell nothing more about it. :) Funny huh. Yeah! It's fun telling that now.



Memouly is my self-made name when i was in second year high school. It contains the same letters as my real name and I jumbled them up. And there it goes... I have another beautiful name. I use it as my pen name. I just love the sound of it and the creative ways of writing my favorite letter M.



Some things which are not in place can be beautiful.

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...