Friday, March 11, 2011

I Wanna Be A Billionaire

On a sunny morning on my way to work, I soooo wished I were a billionaire. But unlike Bruno Mars, I didn't think of being on the cover of Forbes magazine. I also didn't wish for my name to appear as shining lights.



I was on a public jeepney listening to a man talking to his friend about his two children in the hospital. His one month old baby was already recovering when suddenly his 13-year-old child started to have high fever and all. He was to go to the barangay to get a certification for a foundation which he deeply hoped would be answering their hospital bills. He was frequently looking at his phone reading messages from his wife telling him that his 13-year-old was not breathing properly anymore and needed an oxygen. I silently hoped that the hospital would take care of the life of the child first before asking for a downpayment.

I did not hear the rest of the story. I was left looking at the man's eyes and found my heart crying. I was so incapable of anything. All I could do was look at him. How useless was I! If only I were a billionaire, I could have helped the man. If only I were a billionaire, I would have helped every family in the hospital who cannot afford to pay their bills.

But as my thoughts deepened, just to lighten up my heart, if I were a billionaire, I would have not heard that story of the man because I would not be on the jeepney. I maybe riding on my own car.

I pray that the child lived.

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...