Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Happy Birthday, Laiza girl! 2020 Edition :)


Laiza girl, I wish you the best in life. Many may have wished you the same especially today but I think that statement means differently and with deep sincerity from someone who has seen it all, who has been through it (almost) all with you. I met you in your Laiza Version 0.0, I guess, then naging Version 1.0 tapos the Version 2.0. Pang-ilang version mo na ikaw kaya? :) Kidding aside, I truly believe that you deserve all the best in life because of your heart. 

We go waaayyy back and I have seen you blossom. (Wow parang debut!) From the outside you may seem to have it all together and to have figured out everything in life because you handle things quite wonderfully. I am amazed of how several things (a.k.a responsibilities) you can handle at a time, without a pause, rarely complaining about being tired and even while you are at the stage of whining about how you just wanted to give up at times, you also think about how to snap out of whatever that difficulty you are in.

The goodness of your heart has evolved. I have always known how you unconditionally give for others -  your family, your friends, even complete strangers. But now, you give better to other people because you have learned to give to yourself first. I am happy and most proud about that because that is the hardest lesson to learn.

You now have everything you have prayed for and I know there are more dreams about to come true. Your hardwork and genuine intentions will be rewarded by the universe! Keep the faith. I pray for your heart's contentment and fulfillment everyday of your life. 

I love you dearly, every version of you. :) 

To the maid of my honor, ayyy... Maid of Honor diay, happiest birthday!







P.S. Posting this deleted speech from my wedding for my maid of honor. :)


To Laiza, my beautiful maid of honor, who has flown from Manila only for my wedding because we promised to be there on each other’s wedding, who was more excited than I was when I told her I was getting married because I was having wedding jitters, who searched Divisoria several times for her perfect dress, who gave me my dream wedding shoes but so much prettier than I dreamed it to be, who thought of getting me the gold robe just so pretty kami sa pictures. You are the sweetest, most generous, most thoughtful maid of honor ever! Better than I was with Ate My. Laiza has seen it all, she has witnessed the ups and downs of my adult life and knows the most about me and Drew. She was very supportive and always excited to hear wonderful stories, to listen to sad stories, to give sane advice when I was not being rational, the first one to know what’s happening in my life. When everyone else is asking about school, work, she would just ask if I were ok. And if I wouldn’t reply for days, she would send another message “ok ka lang besh? Kumusta na ang buhay natin dyan besh?” She would continuously but tirelessly make kulit until she gets an answer that I was ok. And just waits for me to spill the beans. Hindi talaga ako makwento na tao but sa kanya nasasabi ko talaga lahat... Like she knows everything. Haha. She  has this certain honesty in herself that would make me open up, too. Haay... Laiza girl. You are one precious person. And I am excited for you, too. I love you!!








1 comment:

Mylene said...

Awww! Happy birthday to you Ems! Love you! I'm sure so many changes in your life recently. Can't wait to hear your stories!


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...