Friday, September 24, 2010

My Door Was Locked


It's Friday and I was supposed to attend a Seminar on Social Graces and Pedagogy for Young Workers of Mindanao State University. It's the first ever in this university and thus, I was so looking forward to it. I even had to cancel my classes so I could participate.

After breakfast, I went back to my room to get my bath towel. And there it went! Taddah!!! My door was locked. I couldn't get any help. My housemates had all gone to work. Help! I needed to get in!

Strategies:
1. I looked for an old ID so I could swipe through the door but found none.
2. I used the knife to swipe but failed.
3. I thought of calling someone from the office. Oh great! My phone was left in my room.
4. I would ask help from the boy's quarter just beside ours but oh oh.. They too had all gone to work.
5. I wanted to scream for a life-and-death emergency! But it would just be so OA of me. :)
6. I wanted to go out and wave to whoever would come along but I was not so decently dressed. It would just be so improper.
7. Oh yeah! My last option was the internet. I again wanted to ask help from the office. I was so glad I took my laptop to the kitchen first thing in the morning but omg! What happened? I couldn't connect! Why now?

All the above ways failed. The only solution was to wait for someone from the boy's quarter to lend me an old ID. *Sigh...

Ok then. I was left with nothing but a computer with no internet connection and no paper works to finish. Oh.. What a day! But instead of viewing it as an unfortunate moment, I took my time watching lots of movies! Yeah! And lots of sleeping time, too.
:)

After 7 hours, someone truly had an old ID. Yey! I missed my room so much :)

Lesson learned: Leave a key duplicate outside the room, just in case. And oh don't be absent-minded. :P

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...