Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Why I Love Marriages

Let me first talk about how it all started and the exciting things in between :)

It was one of those surprising nights. We were from the Faculty and Staff night and about to go home at midnight with my BQ buddies, Ate Zita and Ate Caring. But Ate Zita's friend, Ma'am Alma wanted to go out for a drink and a dance. I had no choice but to go even if it meant going home at dawn. I had a bad headache before that so I thought it was a wrong decision to go with the group :( .

We went to Mismo Bar - their second home. We were with Ma'am Alma's husband, Sir Mayong and their other friend, Ma'am Pilar. They go to Mismo regularly for years! It was a bar for the Oldies as we, the youngs, described it. We've been there once with the young people. Laiza got bored and sleepy. :) But I honestly enjoyed their music. Maybe I really have the heart for old songs. Well, it was not really everything old. But generally old. I maybe a little harsh with the word I'm using but I just refer to people 20 years ahead of me. And I love the oldies! Mostly are in their glorious years.

Anyway, they started conversing about anything, greeting the people who came. They knew almost everyone around there. And I was just smiling and nodding everytime I was introduced. But my head was crying loudly. I wanted to go home!

This impatience continued up until I was forced to dance. Yah! I was forced to dance Cha-cha! Oh my gosh! I couldn't believe it! After a short convincing moment, I was seeing myself on the dance floor actually grooving to the songs I called old and dancing with the people I've never imagined myself dancing with!

What more was, I didn't know how to dance Cha-cha! My feet only knew the basic. Forward left. Back close. Backward right. Such a disaster! For the next 2 songs, I only had the basics! It was embarrassing because I was with "The Dancers". I just couldn't excuse myself. They were sooooooo into grooving! So I decided to enjoy the dance instead. I slowly swayed my hands. Moved my hips even more. Put a smile on my face and danced my heart out! :)

I was studying the people on the dancefloor. I was the youngest in the crowd. But their energy was amazing! Every face had a smile. I saw fun. Fulfillment. Freedom.
It was so nice seeing people living and loving life. My body was giving up but my spirit was so glad I went out with those people.


And now here's why I love marriages.

My greatest inspiring moment was seeing such a lovely couple. Ma'am Alma and Sir Mayong was a picture of a happy marriage. They have 3 children but still manage to have fun all by themselves. I saw them dancing and laughing and hugging. I love couples! :) They made fun of each other's weaknesses and hailed each other as well. They are few of the couples who keep inspiring me that marriage is such a wonderful part of life's journey.


Ma'am Alma kept emphasizing that being married was hard. But I seemed not to care. At that moment, all I felt was the excitement of getting married :)

Another picture of seems like a perfect marriage is that of my mentor Sir Rene and his wife, Ma'am Teray.



I see them often and everytime, they're happy :) Again, I don't care how married people describe their relationships as such a roller coaster. Now, I'm just into all the goodness it brings. :) Of course, every relationship has benefits and it's SO delightful to imagine myself being with a partner who's born to take this journey with me :)

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...