Sunday, April 14, 2013

Yummy Gensan: Cafe Leticia

More than satisfying my gastronomical cravings, it is a completely pleasant dining experience that I always look forward to when I eat out. To me, it is ambiance first, service second, and food third. That is the reason I am recently a fan of dining in hotels' restaurants. I find these restaurants of excellent ambiance and service in general.

Our dining place at home is not, of course, as glorious as those in hotels but there is something with these restaurants which gives me a feeling of being so at home. Maybe because hotels are actually second homes to travelers and the feeling-traveler at a moment like me. :) 

My most recent hotel restaurant destination is Cafe Leticia in Family Country Hotel and Convention Center. I love the wood interiors and furniture. The oh so classic red table cloth feels so 'country'. I arrived earlier than the usual dinner time so while waiting for my food to be served I squeezed in a little work. I even stayed a little while after, doing some more work. That was how homey the place was to me.



Quick recall: I've been trying hard to keep away from red meats. I've been successful for the last few months. I only have dilemma when tenderloin steaks are in the menu. Picture this inside battle everytime. I scan the menu from cover to cover but I spend more time on the steaks page. Then I stick my eyes on tenderloin steaks label and its photo for unreasonable time and I imagine how it will feel when bit, chewed, and swallowed. I always fight the urge.

The victory was easily mine in Cafe Leticia because the bangus steak fought for me. :) I forgot my cravings for that beef. My palate was satisfied! The steamed (or maybe blanched) vegetables helped me convince myself that it was as good-tasting as the tenderloins. Yum!

Bangus steak for Php180
Chicken Adobo for Php120



I can see myself coming back here often. :)


Location: Family Country Hotel and Convention Center Mateo Road, LagaoGeneral Santos City (Street Across Gaisano)

1 comment:

Ileana Marcel said...

Greetings from a California Pinay! That food looks sooo good! I can't wait to visit the P.I. again.


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...