Monday, September 3, 2018

Currently Vol.9

Feeling extra pumped up because of all the music I have been playing while working. And so before I travel to snooze land, I am in the mood for a currently entry. 

READING
A Radon-Nikodym Theorem for Capacities by Siegfried Graf. :) Well, because we are creating something similar for another type for "measure". That's a quote and quote because it is not really a measure by the definition but of some sort. Hah! It is something exciting and guess what, I really enjoy doing this. Not everyday is a good one but that is research, right? I just keep on keeping on!

WRITING
Oh, right. Well, apart from my current cliches, I also enjoy writing (more like typing) here. This is my sanctuary. It relaxes my mind when I put my thoughts and feelings in words. Besides, I have to exercise my writing skill because I think I am losing it. 

LISTENING
To old songs still - Adele's When We Were Young, Coldplay's Scientist and Yellow, and from Crazy Rich Asian's version of Can't Help Falling In Love With You. Oh, what music can do to your soul. And that Love on Top by Beyonce? That gave me moves! 

THINKING 
About Vietnam. I finally had the chance to travel outside the Philippines! I still have to share photos of that really momentous trip! On December of 2017, I went to four countries - Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore. I stayed the longest in Vietnam (10 days) and maybe that is why I miss it the most. The culture, the people, the sceneries, the FOOD! Here are few snaps from my Vietnam trip.






FEELING

Fulfilled because of some accomplishments. :)

LOVING
Oh, I want to list under this my current random favorites!
  • Breakfast - Quaker Oats in Chocolate plus raisins (Oats can be boring but chocolate flavored and with raisins? Come on, give me more!)
  • TV Series - Netflix's Forensic Files Collection (Anything science is interesting!)
  • Podcast - Oprah's Super Soul Sunday (specially the episode with a Vietnamese monk Thich Nhat Hanh)
  • Collection - Pens (Keeping all the pens since I started my PhD and shopping for more!)
  • App - Investagram (I started investing in the stock market three years ago but only learned the technicals months back. This app is the bomb! The best app to read the charts.)
I have to close the parenthesis and elaborate on that one because I believe that while others were made for singing, dancing, painting, coding, and running, I was made for reading charts. Haha! Everyone has a purpose and the world now seems to project that the only fun thing to do is traveling, taking photos, collecting make-up, having a Youtube channel, etc. I love to break the news that not everyone is made for the arts... or sports. Some are made for science and numbers, which are equally fun and entertaining. Some can really do everything.  The important thing is, we know what we are made to do and not just do the things that everyone does. Find that purpose and make a living out of it just like those people we see on TV, watch on Youtube and follow on Instagram. They entertain and inspire and they are paid for that. How wonderful it really is if we can do what we truly love and be paid in doing so!

WANTING 
-
NEEDING 
To wash my dishes then sleep so I am skipping the other items. :) 

WISHING 


May you enjoy your current favorites, friends!






No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...