Thursday, August 30, 2018

Family Outing in Gumasa

The first time I was away from home for so long (four months) was during the first semester of my PhD. And I remember it to be the worst feeling ever! The whole PhD idea was supposed to be an ideal and normal course for someone in academe. However, it was just an option for me. I did not have a dream that big for my career. But when time and situation called for it, I took the leap of faith and jumped right on. Needless to say, I was not prepared. I mean no one can really be prepared for something but it was such a roller coaster ride for me. The first few weeks I was at the bravest and weakest me.

Missing home was the worst part. I was already 30 years old at that time but no one can never be too old for a mother's hug and a breakfast and dinner prepared by a father. I was not used to be in a strange land surrounded by strangers for a long time. I can only imagine how harder it is for our overseas Filipino workers. Comparing yourself to others is sometimes a good thing, you see. It makes you grateful for what you have. It does get better!

When I went home after that first semester, the family went out for a beach trip in Gumasa, the Little Boracay of Sarangani Province. Looking at these photos makes me grateful for the family I have and all I have ever desired is a life of good health, happiness, contentment, and fulfillment for all of them. 








May you cherish your family, friends.

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...