Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Favorite Month

April is about to end. Goodbye my favorite month! How great you had been! No other month fills my heart with so much love like you do. Uhmm... Well actually, I like December too but nothing compares to you. :)

I celebrated my 26th birthday on the 2nd. Can't wait for another bountiful year! :)


Most of my favorite people on earth were also born on this month.

April 1 - Kuya Edgar. My beloved bestfriend. We seldom see each other already but ours is a friendship beyond silence and distance.


April 8 - Melai. My bestfriend by heart. We were not labeled bestfriends but we have a deep connection by heart. She was my most influential person 12 years ago. How I long to be enlightened by your wisdom again. I miss you!



April 9 - Ating. My elder sister. Trivia: We are only 11 months and 3 weeks apart. Thus, we have the same age in a week every year. Love that! I have an excuse not to call her ate :)



April 10 - Rain and Shine. The twin sisters are my friends for nearly a lifetime. :) Another great people on earth. Proud of you both! Hugggssss! (That's Shine then Rain in the picture.)


Ate My. A fabulous woman! Her life's insights have become an inspiration to me. I love you te! You're such a gift to me.


April 13 - Nene Ging-ging. My eldest sister. A woman I admire. Ever since chilhood, I look up to her. Her life speaks of wonders. I wish you happiness and fulfillment Ne!


April 16 - Bobet. My youngest brother. Our baby has already turned into a man. How fast time can be. (Yes, we're all aries siblings except for one. :) Isn't that amazing ?!?)



April 25 - Pepep. My first ever bestfriend. A strong woman. I'll always cherish what we had.

Whew!!! Happy birthday to us all! Aries people reign my world! :)

Another celebration was the commencement exercises of Mindanao State University. I've been teaching in MSU for 4 years. My first four-year course students graduated. It was some kinda emotional for me. I felt I was getting older. ;| That caught me unaware. Omg! Anyhow, I've always been excited for graduations because everyone celebrates success. On my part as an educator, the moment I saw my once young and novice students marched the aisle, was a touch to the heart. I felt proud for all their hardworks have paid off. I felt expecting for the future that awaits them. As I recalled how they looked at me then and how their gazes have changed, their eyes send a strong message of continuously working hard but not for grades anymore but for the good of their being and their fellowmen.

And oh! This year, I became a part of the reception committee. :) Extending a little help in the university's special occasions fulfills one of my personal vows. "To be of service to the Filipino people." :)

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...