Saturday, April 2, 2011

On My 26th :)

Yey! I'm so done with being 25 :) Oh no no.. Don't get me wrong. It isn't that I didn't enjoy my being 25. It's just that I'm more excited to be 26. :)

I told myself 2 years ago that on my 26th, I would want to get married. So now you think I'm getting married this year huh?! No, not that again. I actually set aside that idea and postponed my marrying age until I'm 28. Haha! I don't feel like marrying just yet. My plans have changed. My pursuits have gone to a detour. :)

Let me first say that I had a blast when I was 25. I always say that I just had the best year of my life and the coming year will even be better. So, 26 here I am!!! Embrace me with all the courage and happiness and love in the world.

This is my first birthday that I did not go out. I usually take a moment of solitude the whole day and celebrate with family during the night. But today, I only stayed home for reflection. I let my brothers buy the things needed for dinner. I love giving birthday treats for family but I want mine to be the simplest. I haven't thrown out a party. I only want solemn moments with family.

This year is extra special because our family has gone bigger because my sister got married. My once little brothers have grown into responsible and wonderful men. It's my mother's joy to see the ladies in my brothers' lives joining us on special occasions. :) It is a happy "extended" family. Minus papa because he was at work.

Oh Goldilocks! You forgot to give a candle for my cake.



But I didn't feel like having a birthday without blowing my candle. So my mother got me a candlestick instead just so I could make a wish. Yey! I made a wish. And I know it's coming true soon. After long years! Excited much!



Mama got a surprise for me! Tadahh!



Yey! Purple slippers. Love it! Well, I have few things of my own at home. Most of my things were left in BQ. And so I had to borrow almost everything from anybody. Thus, it was really a surprise when Mama gave me the slippers. And oh! Another thing! It didn't' please her when I painted my room purple. She doesn't like the color. But I think I'm beginning to make her love it :) I got purple placemats for the dining table from the mint green that she had. But hey she smiled pleasingly when she saw them.



"Haha! I'm slowly transforming the whole house into an Ube!" --Purple Monster. The purple slippers are the proof that she's beginning to forgive me for the purple painted room :)

Aunt Daisy gave me a handy travel bag. How I love bags. And how I love travels. It seems that I'm ready for another adventure. Hmmmm...



Thank you everyone for making my birthday a special one! I actually thanked everyone who greeted me on Facebook. Why not! I love the thought of being thought of :)

Thank you to my family for still loving me even if I'm soooo me!

Thank You Lord for my year that was. And I pray for an even bountiful year in all aspects of my life! :)

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...