Saturday, March 31, 2012

MSU-Gensan's 33rd Commencement Exercises

I dedicate this post  most especially  to my very first students in the university - the BS Mechanical Engineering and BS Electronics and Communications Engineering students. It was a Monday of June 2007. My first class at 1:00 - 2:30pm was with the BSME and the next class at 2:30-4:00 was with the BSECE. As  I entered the room, I felt strong energy of eagerness to absorb so much. They seemed to be sponges in my eyes. Top students coming from top schools in General Santos City were seated before me and ready to give their best.

In the one semester that I've handled them, I knew they were at their best, freshmen at that. I was really impressed with their performance that I even had to gather more references to be able to offer them more.

And after 5 years, they have finally hit the finish line! I'm as proud as a parent. You all hold a very special space in my heart.

And some even finished with flying colors! 


Here are my other students who are Cum Laude's, too. 




Your grades and medals may not be your real weapon to face the real world but these are your gifts to yourself, for all the hardwork and to your parents most of all for all the sacrifices, love, and support they've given you all your life.

God bless you all on your board exams!!! Make your parents and alma mater even prouder!

I'm sooo proud of all of you!!! Big hug for everyone!!!

This year's commencement speaker was no less the Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.

Photo courtesy of Alma Aguja


I remember the first two things that he stressed out. 1) Always do good to everyone. You can never go wrong in doing so. And 2) Always strive for excellence.

I was with no pen and paper then (which I regretted). I could have written his other points, too. He spoke briefly. He delivered truly for the graduates and not for himself, for any project, or for anything else. 

And the most significant moment that morning (well, at least for me) ...was a photo op with the senator! (Talk about a simple girl who melts when seeing a celebrity. Hehe). But nope. I was not alone with him. We were in a group. 

Everyone was trying to get a photo with him that I got shy asking him for my turn. I had several chances because we were at the backstage seeing to it that the ceremony was doing all well. And he was passing by me several times! But when I got a chance, my knees trembled, my lips sealed, and my feet were as if nailed to the floor! :)

Anyway, here's the photo.

Photo courtesy of Rhumer Laniojan

The consolation? I was beside him! :) See that? The Senator then me then all the other people who seemed to be not existing that time. Hehe.

Ok. Enough Ems! Snap out!

Going back to my normal state of mind, this year also I became part of the Protocol Committee of the Commencement Exercises. And as I have written above, we were assigned in making sure that the guests and the ceremonies were all at the right place. And the people on the photo are the other reputable members of the Protocol Committee.

And here are other photos of us.



Photos courtesy of Alma Aguja


A successful event indeed!

A salute to all the graduates and the faculty!




No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...