Wednesday, August 15, 2012

New Favorite Movie Series


After ten baking weekends, I've finally had my last weekend all by myself. I stayed at home sleeping, eating, and watching movies. I was hooked on the Fast and Furious series. Yeah, I know time has passed me by. I should have entitled my post as "Old Favorite Movie Series". The series is not anymore in its glorious days after all the vampires and the wolves have come into the limelight but please don't forget how amazing the car races were.

I've only watched Fast Five in the theater. I was overwhelmed with all the beautiful cars, the crazy speed, and the wonderful Brazil. Setting aside the idea that the "good" people in the movie are actually the criminals, the movie is generally visually entertaining. When was that movie shown? Was it last year? But it was only last Saturday that I remembered I wanted to see its prequels. 

I've watched the first three of the series. (Photos via Google Images)

The Fast and the Furious (2001)


2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)

                             
The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift (2006)


I've yet to see the fourth film.


                                                     

Realizations:

1. I know how to appreciate cars! Well, I appreciate the style, the paints, the colors. I don't understand anything about the engines and the interiors and the rest of the parts but still I know how to appreciate :)

2. This is so unlikely me. I mean, I don't like some of what the boys like. When my brothers watch boxing, UFC, or play dota, counter strike (did I even get the terms right?), I walk out and go to my cave but we enjoyed watching Fast and Furious together even with my father.

3. One of my favorite movies of all time is Speed which stars Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves (who by the way is so handsome!) which brought me to a realization that maybe, I really like action adventure movies which theme speed. Oh yeah! I have a little not-so-girly side after all. :)

4. A new favorite actor in my list is Paul Walker (who played as Brian O'Conner). He was also the star in the movie Eight Below. Remember this? I cried a river watching him save the dogs!


Eight Below (2006)



No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...