Saturday, December 15, 2012

Yummy Gensan: Shabu-Shabu at Tong Yang

Shabu-shabu style of dining is something new on this side of the world. This is the reason a lot of Generals have been eyeing Tong Yang at SM Gensan. And of course, that would include the attracted-to-newly-opened-restaurants me! :)

Technically, this is not already new as it has started operating few months back. Since it was opened, my friends and I were itching to dine there. I didn't understand what took us so long. Hehe.. So anyway. This was what happened...

The waiter assisted us with the hot pot by providing us with the chicken and sinigang stock for the soup. Plus butter for all the grilling. Then he guided us to a chain of trays of raw food - vegetables, beef, pork, chicken, fish. Name it. They have it. They even have condiments and eggs and hotdogs which amazed me. :) This is when I started to get confused. A lot of choices! What would I get first? 

While still figuring out what to eat, I went to the ready-to-eat corner. Aren't you glad to hear that? Yes, they actually have something for the very hungry people. I got myself a vegetable salad and slices of watermelon and went back to my seat.Then Laiza and I were discussing our battle plan. Haha!

Look at these choices! How could you not be confused? I suggest that when you go there, you already have in mind what to cook. :) You can have as much as you want. This is unlimited! You can eat for straight three hours! Oh, how much more awesome could that get!



I love chicken and fish. Laiza loves shrimps and everything else so that's what we decided to have.What came out of our plan? We let the boys cook for us. Haha! They couldn't resist Laiza's charm. And I guess they were too shy to say no to their Ate Ems. :) Thanks boys!

Laiza and I in a bliss

Rendon and Jypzie almost regretful of dining here with the too-lazy-to-cook ladies.Hihi



Rendon is happily serving us. :)


Trying to look Koreans here. This is an after effect of unlimited ice cream plus unlimited drinks. Ahuh! That's a complete meal, from appetizer to dessert, for Php299 from 10am to 3pm on Mondays to Fridays and Php399 from 3pm onwards on all days of the week. (Note: Weekend lunch buffet is also at Php399) - the most sulit price for an unlimited meal ever!

The gang of five. The young ones of the office. The four of them are batchmates while I'm two years ahead. Now I feel old. Haha!  

Jypzie, Laiza, me, Rendon, Rommel




Location: 2nd floor of Alfresco Strip SM Gensan


No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...