Thursday, June 10, 2010

My First Day High :)

Just done with my first day of class this semester!!! :) And I'm feeling ohhh sooo good about it. :) I've never felt so excited to start a sem and never been this fulfilled after the first day! :) A very great way to start something so wonderful and successful.

I had a very nice schedule and very interesting subjects. Well, actually I'll only be teaching Geometry, Trigonometry, and Statistics this sem. There's been a shuffle with the teaching loads because of the two newly-hired lecturers in replacement of a professor(my thesis' adviser) who's on a study leave.

So this sem is somewhat a new change in the department and in me. But as I have perceived changes, this one is such an advantage to me.

1. I'll be handling students all from the College of Education. The first time ever in my career. I got excited about this because I remember a vision of mine not so long ago that I'll be teaching teachers and future teachers. (The Lord answers my prayers so fast:)....)

2. I am positively forced to change my teaching strategies from lots of lecturers (a strategy that I apply to engineering students because they have good math foundations in high school and topics in algebra and trigonometry are mostly effective with the use of lecture method) to different teaching styles which would create a better learning appreciation of my BS Elementary Education students. (They are not so into math and thus, I have to make them at least like it. And to do that, I have to find ways to make them so. :) Quite challenging and I like this. )

3. I am offered to teach a newly-offered subject. Still in education. It's a Seminar on Technology in Mathematics. It was given to me before the end of the last semester and I have actually prepared for it during summer. :) I'm always excited about learning new things from computers and this subject greatly captured that interest. I pray that I'll be able to provide my students the required skills that are expected of them.

4. For the first time ever, I'll have a Wednesday class. :) In this university, we only have regular classes four days a week. A wednesday is an activity day. But due to the excess of classes maybe and the limited laboratory schedule, that computer class I've mentioned will be on a Wednesday. This would mean a no-idle day for me. :)

5. I'll have classes in another building. Another first time ever. (Maybe I should have entitled this post "First Times" :)...) This for me is another advantage because I'll be in a new environment which would mean a fresher aura. Fresher energy and thus, fresher perspective and fresher attitude! :)

There!!! The things that I'm so glad about my first day of this school year.

May my excitement and enthusiasm be continually renewed throughout the semester that every day will be as if my First Day! :)

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...