Saturday, May 5, 2012

Iloilo Delicacies

Capiz feels like my second home though I've only visited few times my lifetime. It's as if half of who I am is defined by what is there. It's always a joy to see my aunts, cousins, niece and my grandma. Discovering my mother's roots is discovering mine, too. My fondest childhood memories are those which were spent there.

Part of our family visited my mother's homeland Capiz weeks ago. By part I mean just my father, my mother and my youngest brother. I didn't go because I had work. It's been three years since the family's visit. The last time it was me and my other brother who went with the parents. 



When they arrived I knew what to expect. Food! My favorites! Pinasugbo. Barquillos. Biscocho. Bukayo. Otap. Piaya. ... and more! (All from Iloilo - a neighboring province of Capiz.)


Thank you so much Aunts for still spoiling us just like when we were kids!

See you in October Lola and Chin-chin and cousins! : )

P.S. My lola's house is 3 hours away from Iloilo. It is the easiest access point from Gensan to Capiz.

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...