Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sarangani Bay Festival 2012

I've been hearing about Sarangani Bay Festival for the past few years and get really excited to go everytime but it was only this year that I got the chance to. It is dubbed as the Biggest Beach Festival in Mindanao and who am I to miss it!

The venue, Gumasa Beach in Glan Sarangani, is just about an hour away from General Santos City. Off to the lovely white sand beaches of Gumasa (The Little Boracay of Mindanao)!

People. Clouds. Ocean. Watermelon. Colors. And the happy me.

I was with the Three Musketeers. Or the Three Blind Mice . Or Alvin and the Chipmunks and I'm Brittany (the lady Chipmunk).. Tsk! So hard to think of an alternative name because we're really seven in the group and we call ourselves The Pugad Baboy Family! Nice one huh! :) Couldn't really remember how the young high school minds came up with such a smart name considering that everyone was as thin as a toothpick except for one or two. Oopss... Whoever they are I won't mention already (..for friendship's sake). But it turned out that after long years (by long I mean more than a decade. Omg! Has it been that long?), the rest lived up to our name. Everyone seemed to look babolicious already except me. :) 

We were there not to really party. Big events happen during the night. We just wanted to have a glimpse of the festivities. And the main goal was to have a BIG talk over a BIG lunch. But we ended up having only pizza and chocolate shakes. And the "melting" ice cream.

We had the BIG talk though. A lot to catch up! Guimo and Kuya Edgar even "cried" upon the realization of not having seen each other after their college graduation (That's a little more than 6 years already).


I always love going out with these crazy and hilarious people. The geeky high school boys turned into successful and more geeky men. Haha! I should have just written successful and responsible but my gosh! Most of the time they talked about energy - from generation, transmission, distribution. The status of frequent brown outs in Mindanao and how it was supposed to or will be addressed. The longest and widest rivers in the world. Machines. Chemicals. And all! Whew! And I was like "Really? Amazing!" With not-so-obvious attempts of diverting the topic to American Idol and Avengers so I could somehow relate. : ) They would respond a little then would go back to energy again! Tsk! Engineers! Chemist!

Crazy people become crazier! And happier!

The Never-Perfect Jump shots.

Pugad Forever : )

We miss having you here Harvey, Borj, and Luvvy. See you in Singapore. Haha!


I also had my moments : ) 





* Thanks for some of the photos guys.

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...