Saturday, January 12, 2013

Oh High School Life

Best four years of my life! And I bet yours, too! :) I want to count the ways but I'll end up blabbing here which is the last thing I'd like to happen. Just imagine crazy nerds meeting the hard core crazies. Complete riot I tell you but that weirdo combination makes all the beautiful complications. Those days! 

I never saw it coming. I was caught unaware that those best four years were already a decade ago! Ooh lala! How time flies so fast... really fast this time. Every December since we graduated from high school, we tried to do a little gathering - be it all day and all night swimming, magdamagang videoke, or just chattering over eating and drinking... as simple as that, nothing biggy. But we decided to level up this year because it has already been a decade guys! That's a milestone! :)

We celebrated in a decent function room for the first time ever! It's just so awesome to think that the once gusgusin teens from the province have become valuable professionals of this country... and of the world. So we at least deserve that decent venue. Hehe. Thanks to Sun City Suites for upgrading us to a bigger, more bonggang room which was not really necessary because of our number.

I made this goodies corner as the first part of bringing all those good old days back. The milk powder with the tiniest straw. The Bobot candy which has lost its free gold bendable ring. The Dragon Sid which made snacking exciting. My all time favorite Hebi which I thought was spelled as Hibi all those years because we all pronounced it as that and a lot more! Don't you just feel so young all over again just seeing these!


I also created this Whose Baby Is This game. Some of our classmates already got married, had a child or children so this was a way of getting updates. We also had souvenirs and game and raffle prizes which made the night more exciting. Prizes were from sponges, fans, mugs and more sponges. Hihi. So household!


Other classmates could not come because of a handful of reasons which made me wonder - Meron ba talagang reunion na kumpleto? We were twelve classmates with two spouses and a child plus a surprise guest - Sir Gani, our oh so thoughtful adviser! He never missed a reunion. We were deeply touched.


Sir Gani is the neatest and calmest math teacher I've ever known. I actually try to imitate his style but I just cannot focus on my writing on the board when I have the solutions fast running in my head. I bet my students sometimes wish I'm as nice as I look. Looks can sometimes be deceiving, you know. Hehe.

Anyway, Sir Gani had a reenactment of our most memorable moment of him. He caught us cheating on his math subject. I'd like to believe that it was our first time we cheated and not just the first time he caught us. Haha! He then let us pass all our papers and tore the 41 sheets all together. That was the first and the last time he got angry but he was still the calmest man on earth when he was angry. Slow claps for you, Sir! Thank you for being so inspiring and I'm so proud of how far you have gone in your career. Keep it up! :)


A lot has happened in that few hours. Let these photos speak.




Delete the fact that we've become professionals because when we get together, we can get a whole room rocking. We miss everyone who missed this event! Until next December pipol!

As the head of this get together, I'd like to extend my super heartfelt thanks to the following people:

To Rain, Clintford, Mark Anthony, Borj, and Harvey for sponsoring this super bonggang reunion. We literally did not bring anything but ourselves because you had it all paid for us. It was unfortunate that you could not come but your thoughtfulness pushed this event to the next level. We would have been happy just eating pansit canton and pandesal and halo-halo in Maharlika but you wanted so much more for us. Indeed, it felt better drinking water and soda from a wine glass. Haha! Thank you so much!

To Lourdes for being the host, the game master, the photographer and the talented momma of a more talented Everest. I just feel that she will be more talented than you. :) Thanks Everest for dancing "Tiny Bubbles". You are the cutest!

To Reicel for the playlist of our not-so-old songs and the collection of our not-so-old photos. I miss hearing Eminem, Britney Spears, the Hansons, M2M, etc. and I love looking at our then innocent faces.

To Luv for preparing and wrapping the souvenirs and prizes before taking an unexpected vacation. I love my yellow SB mug but I have not won anything from the raffle, as usual.

To Sahara for our registration forms which I totally forgot when the gang started coming. Hehe.

To Nenia for the most awaited prize of the evening and for the untimely exercise just to get what I left from my house. I really appreciate your extra efforts and support Nenskie. :)

To Rex for the super fun-looking tarpaulin. I like the layout.

To Champoy, Jayr, Michael (and wife), Aileen, Joev, Jervin for coming. It was a great time guys.

To Harvey, Borj, Raya, Melai for skyping. Next time, be sure to come, it was hard laughing aloud  and updating lovelives through skype with a loud sound system in the background. Haha!


Thank you all very much for the wonderful years of friendship! 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is amazing! :-)


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...