Saturday, January 5, 2013

Resolutions 2013

Resolutions are everywhere during new years and here I am adding my own list. :) I'm sure we all have these which is actually good because we are kept reminded for the whole year. This is my first time to let the 'public' know of my resolutions. Well, I don't know how public this can get because I don't really have much readers yet but anyhow, I'm still posting.

Before I start enumerating, I first want to share a lesson from my goal-setting and goal-getting history.

"When you're up for a run, don't carry a lot of eggs. Just take what you can so you won't end up dropping all of them."

I tend to do a lot of things, ending up not finishing any. So this year, I'm doing 'less but more'! I'm summing up my resolutions to five.

1. Read more.  I don't have a problem reading anything, sure but I have not read a lot of books the past year. Thus,  I will read more books because I love books and I miss reading them. I have a rich imagination growing up which I owe to my love for reading.

2. Eat more.While other people are more into losing weight especially after the holidays, I'm feeling that it's time for me to gain a little weight. I'm getting a little concerned about my eating habits. I love food! This blog turns into some kinda food blog at times because of my obsession with food and restaurants but there are really days when I don't feel like eating much. I don't skip a meal. No, I don't do that. My problem here is just... at times  I don't eat enough. There! So I'm eating more! :)

3. Skip more. Our body is made to move so I'm moving more! My favorite form of exercise is skipping. I just love how childlike it can get while getting the right amount of cardio exercise. Plus, it doesn't need a lot of space, equipment, etc. Aside from skipping, I can run more! 

4. Save more. I will save up more for something big. I already have few projects in mind even before the start of the year so I'm getting excited here. I was a little good with my finances last year and I'm determined to be even better this year. I learned to share and to spare. This year, I'm saving for some things and some investments.

5. Love more. This here is a little general. I want to be a better lovaah! Hihi. Lover of myself, family, friends, work, and life. Basically, I wanna live the moment because my mind tend to wander on my past and worry about my future. I know that life is more than here and now but what happens today is what will count in the future. So I will love living each moment!


May we all be faithful to our resolutions this year by doing them one at a time and taking the baby steps until we acquire them as habits and not just another thing in our to-do list. Cheers to a 'better us' year!

What about you? What's on your list?



2 comments:

Nastassia said...

Good luck on that one! I didn't make a New Year's Resolution this year because well, I find them hard to keep. So I wish you the best of luck for this year and the many more years to come! :D

Ems Auj-Tam said...

Thanks Nastassia :) I see that you're a very good artist. Well, anyone who can draw is very good to me because I can't do that :)

Followed u!


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...