Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Alugbati is Malabar Spinach

Now I know!!! :)

Last night, I was cooking alugbati and kalabasa (squash) for dinner and I came to question myself about the English translation of my new favorite leafy vegetable. I immediately "googled" it and yes! It is Malabar Spinach. Sounds weird to me. :)



These leaves may not be even known in other parts of the Philippines. Or some would even think it's just one of those grasses. Haha.. I didn't like eating this before. It was so slimy for my taste. I even cursed it(literally) with the mongo. I always cry when I don't like the food on the table. I wasn't considerate of the feelings of my mother who prepares the food. Me and my "maarte" self. Sorry Ma. :P

But I started eating veggies after being fed up with so much fastfood. (Maybe that was 2 years ago). I also got conscious about my health. "We become what we eat." I remember reading that from a cookbook. And when I started living away from home, I missed the alugbati and the mongo and the squash and all others which I cursed before.

Now, I'm always excited for the weekend meals. And when I'm home, my mother and especially my father see to it that my new favorites are always served. :) Thank you soooo much for spoiling me! :)

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...