Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Different Life Without Her Near

I've been preparing for this moment. And I'm grateful because she prepared me before this would really happen. When everyone was caught unaware of her transferring to another workplace, I found my heart at ease. She's been praying for this. And I have been praying for her.

Ate My, my closest friend for the past two years has transferred to Davao.



I'm not good at letting go's. But as the circumstance would ask, I could manage. Like what she has always reminded me, "It's a process."

And I'm now in the process of letting go. Not letting HER go. But letting IT go. What am I really letting go? Hmmmm... Everyone says it's ok. She would just be 3 hours away.. Yeah. I know. Davao is not that far. But it still would be very different. We've lived under the same roof for 2 years. I see her more often than I see my mother. And it's painful to visualize a day when she wouldn't really be around physically. Thus, I'm letting go of some things which we used to have but will never be having anymore...FOREVER.

But I choose not to mourn. Because apart from the physical presence of our friendship which would now be broken, this is a moment to celebrate. I celebrate her victory because this is a dream come true for her.


For two years of being together (as friends not just workmates), I'm blessed to be a witness of almost every aspect of her life. Ate My is my co-worker, my housemate, my friend, my "co-fabulous" woman, and my sister in Christ. :)

As a worker


She's a goal-setter. But definitely more of a go-getter. She knows what she wants. She knows how and works hard to get it. She always looks for ways to increase her value as an employee. She's undeniably an asset of the university. She never stops learning and thus she offers better outputs everytime.



I'll miss her wisdom about career, goals, dreams, and being a teacher. I'll miss her vibrant aura in the office, giving smiles to everyone.




As a teacher

Her students adore her. She's a favorite. She always desires to be a role model and an inspiration of her students. She studies hard so she can impart more. To some extent, she gets to know her students' personal lives so she can understand them better.



I'll miss her pursuit of always being the best educator everytime.



As a housemate

She's so cheerful. The Bachelorette's Quarter is of different atmosphere when she's in it. She's the source of loud laughters and silent cries (sometimes also loud when pain is just so strong. She couldn't fight the urge to shout it out :P).



She's a generous giver and sharer. :) We share a lot of things. The rice cooker. The knife. The plates. (When she was gone, I realized I haven't had my own knife for 2 years. Amazing realization. :P)

She has become my sister since we started living in BQ together. We do almost all things together. We cook together. We eat together. Going to the market. Washing clothes. Singing in the bathroom. Gardening. Walking. Playing badminton, bowling. Birthday dinners hopping. Tuesday nights out.




We became each other's confidant. We talk about almost everything, if not everything. We love talking after work. We find ourselves resting at the sala, opening a pack of Mr. Chips or Cream-O or offering each other apple or orange. Silence would reign for a while. Then we would look at the emptiness and she would suddenly pop up a question. Two possible things would happen. Either we would end up laughing at the top of our lungs or hugging each other because we were already shedding tears.


I'll miss her presence in BQ. It's a whole different world without her there.



As A Friend

She's so loving. She has a gift of making people feel good about themselves that's why she makes friends easily. She has a genuine heart. She gives light to her friends' soul. She's so fun to be with. She's so honest with how she feels and is not hesitant to tell even the most embarrassing things about her. She makes you laugh. She makes you cry. She's with you physically and emotionally. She has a good ear for people in pain and a good hand for people in need.



She's the closest friend I have now. Noone understands me better than she does. Sometimes, we just look at each other and we understand. I don't share my life too often. Only few people know the real me. But she knows me so well. She would know how I feel by just looking through my eyes. (I'm usually good at hiding my feelings but she still can read me. Haaayyy.. Disadvantage. :P)




I'll miss hanging around with her. She brings out the best in me. It's just so rare to find a person who would connect even through the soul.


As A Woman

She's so fabulous. I just admire her womanhood. Her beauty from inside radiates on the outside. She's a picture of strength and fragility in one.



She can do a lot of things on her own. She can endure every trial. But at times, she can be so delicate that it would need a lot of care to handle her.


I've somehow seen her grow into a beautiful butterfly. And now, she continuously flies with colorful wings which evolves and becomes more colorful each day. And I'm so excited to witness her fly even higher...to an even more beautiful garden.


I'll miss our "fabulous women" moments. We both enjoy our womanhood sooooooo much that it would be different not having her near enough to share every fabulous event in our lives. :)




And now that she has started a new life away from here, I still hold her so close to my heart. In that way, I feel her near from afar.



1 comment:

Mylene said...

I'm thankful that I am alone again in the office right now coz nobody could see the tears streaming down my face Ems...

Nobody in my entire life has ever written like this for me before. It just makes me miss you even more... You know what, when you rode on that jeepney to the terminal, I felt lost. I just stood there looking into space, not knowing what to do or where to go next. It took a while for me to snap back to reality and I just wanted to cry because seeing you go and realizing the reality that we are not together anymore still pains me. At that moment, I thought to myself, that I do not want to see you again yet, because after that, we would be apart again. After all the laughter and chika in Mandarin, feeling like everything's back to normal, you suddenly left...after 4 hours of being together..

Gosh, I suddenly have a running nose and my eyes are so red. I still have a class 15 minutes from now.. :(

Ems, you have really brought out the best in me. I was able to achieve what I achieved because you were there to support and cheer for me. More importantly, you BELIEVED in me...that somehow, I found the strength and the courage to believe in myself too.

You have been my closest friend for 2 years, my confidante, and most often, my strength. You have been there through my battles and struggles. I don't know where I would be now if you weren't there for me.

You always tell me that I am a good friend, a sister...but actually, it's YOU who has always been the better friend. Thank you so much Ems.

Since I came here in USEP, I didn't want to face my emotions anymore. Unlike what we used to do in BQ. I am now afraid to feel weak because I might regret my decision. I am even thankful for my work overload because I don't have time to be idle and be alone with my thoughts. I just miss being there... I miss the people.. and most especially, I miss being with you and doing the things we used to do - the things we both enjoy doing. Even getting a habal drive at 7:30 in the morning and acting as if we were not desperate...I miss singing in the CR!
(to be continued...have to go to class)


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...