Sunday, February 10, 2013

Braid and Breakfast


It's the month of love!!! Happy February everyone! I found a new love - HAIR BRAIDING. I'm currently at  the obsessive stage with this new love because nothing else really matters in my life but my hair braiding. I'll never be happy unless we are together everyday. I just know that our time together spells happiness. Every cell in my body screams for joy whenever I'm experiencing it. My fingers itch if I can't braid. This hobby is nearing addiction. Haha!

When I was still so much younger, I already knew I was into making others beautiful. I love everything pretty especially making pretty things. Just one random day, I bumped into a hair braiding tutorial in Youtube. I gave it a focused attention like how a child paid attention to a favorite nursery rhyme. It was my first encounter with a hair tutorial. When the video was done, I looked for my sister and experimented on her. Wow! I could do such pretty hairstyles on her. I went back on Youtube and found more tutorials. I was drooling like I just saw a plateful carbonara. If a spaghetti carbonara can be done in tons of ways, why not a person's hair which just looks like spaghetti? #Cornicks #Haha

When I'm in a crowd, I'm looking at ladies as if I'm a prospective suitor interested in getting their phone numbers. Let me just get this straight. I'm so straight. I'm a woman and I'm interested in men. But I'm also a woman who is interested in braiding another woman's hair. Haha! But I don't intend to braid everyone I meet. My precious gift is just for people precious to me. Hehe..

I am glad that there are people who are willing to embrace my ways of expressing this love. For two weeks now, this braiding hobby and Laiza's hair are in a mutualism kind of relationship. They live together in harmony - as if one can't exist without the other, both getting a fair advantage from each other's existence. Well, actually I think the major beneficiary is Laiza because she gets to be extra beautiful everyday. :) I sometimes don't get the style done nicely on first attempt. It can be a trial and error thingy and Laiza has been so patient even when she's getting few painful accidental hair pulls at times.

Here are some of the photos of Laiza's glamorous hair braid styles by a newbie hairbraider me! :)

Photos by Laiza


Every style above, I learned from Youtube. So much information and videos of just about anything (to my surprise even braiding) are flooding in the web so if you want to put a pop of extra beauty on your hair or others', watch a video and learn. Just search hair braid tutorials and be lavished with so much styles.


My niece has pretty soft curls. Even with her strong resistance, I still LOVINGLY forced the waterfall braid on her. Note: The photo may look like one of those evidences for child abuse but the resistance just lasted about 5 seconds. I was singing her favorite rhymes so her attention went on our duet and not on her hair anymore. I'm not a criminal. I'm just an avid braider. Common!




It is much easier to do the braids on others but I'm now learning to do it on myself. Did I mention I'm a DIY fan? :) Here's the only style I know for my hair as of now. Looking a bit messy but I can improve that with practice. Hehe





1 comment:

Ileana Marcel said...

Such cute braids....Bohemian Chic!

-ileana
www.ileanamarcel.com


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...