Sunday, February 10, 2013

Paint Me A Picture


We did a little home improvement by repainting the living room walls. My family conspired to produce a beautiful mess. Hehe.. The walls are all white so I suggested for a wall art to be placed on a strategic corner. After minutes of debate between the groups of conservative and imaginative, the conservatives eventually gave in to giving the wall a character. So here is the inspiration...


from Google images



And here is the final product made by my sister's husband. With me is the proudest daughter, wowed by her father's art.


My conversation with my 1 year and 7 months old niece:

Me: What's this Caela?
Caela: Twee (Translation: Tree)
Me: What are these baby?
Caela: Leebs (Translation: Leaves)

When you're an aunt of a learning-to-talk child, you become an instant interpreter. Once, Caela was trying to say a word I could not really understand. The word sounded like that of an alien's and she talked like one. I was having a hard time figuring the word out but was enumerating words which sounded like the one she was trying to say. After five words, she screamed for frustration. Haha! I wish I could learn her baby talks to understand her better. But lately, more often than not, I can get what she's saying because her speaking skills are improving as well as my understanding. :)


Are you also an aunt of an adorable child?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the pastel ensemble..;)

www.irajennena.com

Ileana Marcel said...

How cute!!! I need to do this when I have a little one!

-ileana
www.ileanamarcel.com


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...