Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Best Summer Afternoon


Just when I thought days would be so hard for me this summer.

It still is amazing to know that life gives fair surprises. :) I had my best summer afternoon so far.I only had the morning classes last friday because of conflicts on schedules. And so Ate My and I decided to treat ourselves with a choco hazelnut ice cream. But it was not available anymore after several minutes of hoping and expecting that we could eat that. She'd been dying to have that for weeks already. We just settled on the ice cream on the scooping station. She had her fave flavor durian. And I had the double dutch. We were somehow satisfied.

Just right beside the ice cream section was the massage section. I waited for her. I wasn't a fan of massages. I was busy with my new MP4 which I just had that same afternoon. I'm also not a techie. I don't know which gadget is better or the latest or the most sought after. I just felt I needed that MP4 for my audio books. I want to maximize my time. I still want to be doing something else during rides, washing my clothes, waiting for a friend, or even strolling, or before sleeping. And I also want to be soothed by nice music before going to sleep. :)

After her massage, I kinda got jealous. She kept on telling me how good it felt and how she was feeling better after. And for the first time ever, I got a back massage. :) And indeed, I felt so much better. As if my back was so light. I felt so light, too. :) I think I wanna have that as my constant reward.

The good life didn't just end there. We had a late afternoon snack at Cafe Spazio on the same mall. She had special spaghetti (Half of the pasta was of a red sauce and the other half was of a white sauce. That's how I figured it out why it was named special spag).



And I had the tuna pasta in cream sauce or the pasta tuna in cream sauce or the pasta in tuna cream sauce. Whatever the real name of that is. :)

And after, we attended a mass. It was just a perfect afternoon.

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...