Monday, April 12, 2010

Not Just Any Other Graduation

April 8, 2010 was Mindanao State University's Baccalaureate Services. Teachers are always enjoined to join these services and the graduation ceremonies the day after. We also prepare for these days just like the graduates. We buy our dresses, think about our hair do's. It's an every year affair in which We take extra effort to look good, eventhough we don't really have big participation.

But this year for me is not just any other graduaion. It was my brother Toto's graduation and he was a Cum Laude! :) I'm so proud of him. He's the only awardee in BS Biology. His efforts have finally been paid off. We did not expect it but he worked so hard and surprised us. :) I like it when my siblings achieve something great because it's a source of joy for my parents. I saw how my parents marched with great pride.



I remember how it was for me four years ago. I was emotional when I was heading to the stage, holding both my parents' hands because I was the first in the family who graduated in college with honors. It was a very fulfilling moment for me. It was my gift to my parents after long years of support and sacrifices. Going back to my brother. The night of graduation, we had grand celebration at home. I described it to be grand because it was the first ever "party" at home that we had pig lechon. We just usually had chicken lechon, just like on my college graduation.

I was very happy that night when my mother's co-teachers reminded us of how blessed we are to have been raised wonderfully by our parents. That night I realized how proud I am of how my siblings have become. Almost everyone in the party expected Toto to pursue his studies in a medical school. It became a pressure on him because he really wanted to get a masters in environmental science. He's giving himself a year to think about his career path. And I pray that he would choose the one which he sees himself living for the rest of his life.



It was also my sister Lenlen's 26th birthday on the 9th, which made it a 4-in-1 celebration. My 25th birthday was on the 2nd of April. My Aunt Bebing on the 7th and our youngest brother Bobet on the 16th. Truly God rewards hard works and surprises us with things we did not even ask for! :)

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...