Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What's Up For Summer?


People are going completely absorbed by summer. In the television especially. Every TV show is themed summer. People are planning vacations, finding new hobbies, learning new sport, and enjoying the luxury of rest. Some would buy tons of dvd's and lock up in their room and watch movies all day. Some would sleep all day and eat non-stop. It's kinda a weight-gain program. The newly grads are looking for a job.

I love summers! :) It's one special time of the year that I get to do the above mentioned. I had vacations on my past summers. I enrolled in a cooking school. I once was crazy over finding a job. I tried that all day movie watching and all day sleeping and eating. Uhmm... Maybe except for that learning a sport. I'm trying to scan my memory but I guess I haven't really taken an effort to learn one. I'm not sporty. I only know of skipping rope. (I'm quite good at it. :))And maybe a bit of belly dancing and taebo inside my room. Yup. My room here in BQ is big enough for me to skip and hop and jump and do taebo. :)

But this summer would be different for me. No grand vacations. No enrollment on a hobby class. Less sleeping. I'll be, first and foremost, continuing my Master's thesis. It's pending for a year and a half already. This is the time that I'll be grounding myself to refocus again. (May God bless me on this one. I need the strength to stick on it, the determination to work so hard, the passion so I can continue with a big heart for it, and the wisdom to easily understand everything.)

Secondly, it'll be my first summer job ever! :) I refuse to accept work on summers before because of the climate here. The heat is really unbearable. But this time, I think I can manage. So what's with the heat. I have my umbrella. I'll be applying so much of my sunblock and drink lots and lots of water. I'm already excited! :) Classes start next week. MSU on a summer here I come! :)

Thirdly, I'll be learning the computer algebra system which I'll be teaching the next semester. When it was opened up to me, I got my blood running to my face. My cells became so alive! :) Finally, there's something new. I'll be over preparing for algebra, trigonometry, geometry, even basic math. I'll be teaching how to use computer software on math. Oh, Lord! You truly answers prayers. And visions do come into reality. Now, who says teaching life is boring? I super love this job! :)

Fourthly, I'll be serving the Christian Life Program of Singles for Christ every Sunday. Now, this one will break the monotony in my hectic weekdays. The community is like my sanctuary. It gives me joy being with my brothers and sisters. And this summer, we'll have new members. The Gensan chapter is getting bigger. More singles will be living the fullness of life. :)

When this summer means less fun for me, it'll be more academically nurturing and spiritually comforting.

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...