Thursday, April 15, 2010

Summer Classes On



It's April 15 and the summer classes for College Bound Program should have started yesterday. I didn't know. I only knew late this morning. And so, I'll just start tomorrow. I'll have three classes - 9-10:30, 10:30-12, and 1-2:30. I've met with my two classes this afternoon on their tutorial time and gave few instructions for tomorrow.

This will be my first summer classes in MSU and I'm so excited. :) It's as if I'll be teaching for the first time :) It felt good being in the classroom again after less than a month. I don't know. The excitement is just so different this time. Maybe because I'll be teaching a special program.

College Bound Program (CBP) is for those cultural minority students who have not reached the passing score of Systems Admission and Scholarship Examination (SASE). They are given special classes on math, english, and values education. Students who will show satisfactory performance will be given the chance to enroll for 4-year courses the next semester.

I'm so happy to be part of this program. Students with strong determination to gain a bachelor's degree will definitely shine. This is a crucial point of their education. If they pass on this one, they have a brighter future waiting for them. If not, they'll just be I guess back in their provinces and start a new life outside school. Considering that most of these students are underprivileged, I swear to be doing my best to leave a significant impact on their lives and hope to their dreams.

I love being a teacher :)

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...