Friday, May 21, 2010

Be Regretful Not

I've been going to school since I was 5 years old. I started Kinder 1 and way up to getting a Master's degree. I'm now 25 and that's about 20 years of studying. Well, technically that should be subtracted by 1 1/2 since I rested on my thesis after defending my proposal October of 2008. I felt it was the right thing to do because I reasoned out that I needed to find my happiness out of school.

It's not that I wasn't happy going to school. It was, in fact, my life. When I tell a story about my life, the plot would go around my experiences in school. I basically have no life outside of it until recently.

Recently, meaning after I decided to rest for a while from my thesis. It's different when it's a Master of Science in Mathematics. We don't do surveys. We don't do experiments. We don't go to places and find for a thing to study. We just do expository on studied theorems. We do lots of proving and solving and all.

Then I thought, it could wait. I've had enough of school already. I've enough knowledge yet to teach in a university. It won't hurt if I stop for a while.

That's how I thought my happiness would start. And so there I was exploring my world outside school. I traveled. I went out often with friends. I treated and pampered myself to the fullest. I super had fun. Those were the happiest months of my life ever! I had the greatest times of my life.

I gave attention to the development of my being - inner and outside being. I believe I grew into a much better person.

Sometimes, I want to regret. What if I've just continued. I only had a semester left. I have lots of what if's but I don't want to spoil my moment. I refuse to regret making myself better in other aspects of my life.

And now it's time to come back. :) And I'm ready to be at my best again. I believe that this is where I'm best at - making myself better. This time, as a student again.

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...