Monday, May 10, 2010

My Vote Counts :)

Today is the first automated election in the Philippines. And I've casted my vote! :) This is already my 3rd national election. Ahuh. You heard me right. I'm not that old though. (Defensive.. Hehe.) I've been a registered voter since I was 18 and I've started voting in a national election at 19. That was 2004. And after 3 years, at 2007 there was election for senators. For those 2 elections, I was a board of election inspector. It's just this year that I'm a plain voter.

I've thought of my votes well. Especially on my presidentiable. I've read blogs, researched on their achievements, listened to the opinion of others, and listened to my heart as well. I want my vote to be very well-thought of. I want it to be very personal that I could stand up for my every candidate. Yah.. I'm so serious on this. I've been so passionate about my right to vote. I, in fact, see it as my responsibility for my country.

I've been so excited to vote this year because this is the election that most people are so involved of. Media have done a great job on increasing the number of voters. The campaigns on the citizens' awareness and roles on the better change of this country have been so tremendous and I'm so glad how those efforts turned out. People are going out to vote! I so love Filipinos!

My family woke up so early. When I woke up myself, they've all taken their bath. It was only 6am! Omg! How am I supposed to catch up? It was so unusual for me to prepare at less than an hour. But a miracle happened! :) I was ready to go at 7am. Whew! So there we went. Off to Balunto Elementary School. My father, mother, 2 aunts, and I. Yey! I had my sample ballot with me. I've listed my candidates the night before. I was so prepared.


Here's the school. Many vehicles were parked. Several people were inside voting already. I thought we were so early. Hehe..

First step, to find my precinct.


There it is. Precinct 0236B is now one with the other 4 precincts. Five precincts before are now one. I'm with my aunts. My mother and father are on the other precinct. It's at the back of the covered court.

Second step, I had to know my number from the list of voters.


I was at number 26. Yey! So glad my name was there. Few people couldn't find theirs.

Then, I got my priority number. I was number 7! I was about to breathe a relief because I thought I'd be entering already to vote. But the in-charge said I already belonged to the 2nd batch. It was a hundred per batch. And the first batch was just at its 14th voter! Omg! Whew! But I patiently smiled. So glad I brought a book with me.



As I once in a while glanced at my precinct, I saw impatient people, complaining about how slow the Board of Election Inspectors were, how unsystematic they were, and other complaints(which for me were petty). I also saw people pissed off that they just went home and allowed themselves to miss a very important event in their lives just because they were not willing to wait. I pity them. I just hope they won't be complaining about the government in the future.



I waited. I hadn't heard my heart complain. I love this participation in a very big event of the country. I was so willing to wait.



And finally, I could see the door! After two hours! It would finally be my turn!



An indelible ink on my right point finger. A sign of a responsible and loving Filipino. :)

Few hours of sacrifice which would make a difference for my country for the next six years..


GOD bless the Philippines!

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...