Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Disconnected


Internet connection here in BQ was disconnected for a while because the circuit breaker of a tower was burned. That's the reason I've heard. I don't understand what really happened and why it took more than a week to fix it.

Text messages and calls were also affected. It was hard sending messages. They often fail. I had delayed messages as well.

It continued for few days. And it was hard! It dawned on me that I've been so attached to technology that I was terrified when I couldn't use my phone and my internet. They are so part of my everyday life. When I wake up in the morning, I check my phone. When I'm not going to work early, I check my emails. I use my phone the whole day. I use the internet for researches, for readings, for blogging and checking out on my friends and family.

It was just these recent months that I've been so into the reading and discovering a lot from the virtual world. And since it became a part of my days, I feel kinda half-filled without it.

And so, given the poor cellphone communication and absence of internet connection in BQ, I just went home often. It was the good side of what happened. At least there, I still could use my phone. I spent good laughs and warm atmosphere at home every after work. And not just sitting long hours fronting my computer and surf.

I discovered that though so attached, I still could survive without the connection. :) And now that it's back, I still hope it won't be disrupted again. :)

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...