Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Holiday On The Beach

Last Friday was declared a non-working holiday in Mindanao State University in observance of the first day of the Holy Month of our Muslim brothers. We have lots of holidays here in Mindanao apart from the regular National Holidays. So if you want to enjoy more long weekends, come and live in Mindanao or  better yet, work or study  in one of the schools of the MSU system. It's more fun in MSU! :) 

Of course it's not the only reason why it's more fun working in MSU. I can enumerate more but it's what we are always grateful for because we get the chance to squeeze short trips in between busy schedules. Where we headed? To the BEACH! Oh yeah! 

Beaches are just around the area. They're so usual a destination on this side of the world. The problem with them being so usual is that I sometimes forget about their existence. I couldn't even remember the last time I've been to one of the beach resorts here in Gensan. It's been so long! I only realized that when Laiza expressed a desire to go the beach.

Off we went to London Beach Resort with people in the office and their families. It was also a celebration of Ma'am Berl's pre-birthday!


Ma'am Berl with the carrot cake I made for her
And on this side of the world, that's how gorgeous bananas and mangoes are. 

Right photo (clockwise): Laiza, Rommel, Jypzie, Rendon


Ma'am Berl's family

Laiza and I


Laiza's confused moments. Haha! Is it Rendon or Jypzie?



While Laiza is like a mermaid, I'm not fond of swimming at the beach. I just love the feel of being at it. The sand. The waves. The sounds. The wind. The clouds. The skies. And the reflections that come along with witnessing the awesome beauty of God's creations. 


The whole gang and the partly cloudy sky. Nice weather!

Now here we go with the so old school jump shots. Maybe people already stopped jumping after planking and owling came into the picture. But not us! We can't still get over it!




It's still more fun jumping in the air than lying with your face down on a road operching in strange places like a bird. Jumping can have crazy and funny movements while the other two are so stationary. And I love anything crazy. :)


The most perfect jump shot for this trip (that's for me).


The most perfect jump shot (for them) is my supposedly most perfect, too
if my head was not cut. Tsk!

No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...