Thursday, July 5, 2012

Yummy Gensan: Chicken Siomai at Mandarin Tea Garden


I'm known as Ems by friends and acquaintances but my nickname is really Mai-mai (known only to my family and very close friends). 

I've intentionally hidden my real nickname so I won't be teased as Mai-mai Siomai! Mai-mai Siomai! You know how it is for bully kids to make fun of your names, associating it with something funny-sounding and when they see you, they'll tease you all over again. You just wish to disappear like a bubble.

But hey! You know what? I care no more! Because deep in my heart, I'm really a siomai girl. C'mon! Tease me now. Mai-mai Siomai! Mai-mai Siomai! And I'll be very proud. :) I'm a siomai girl! Yes I am!

So where do I find the most delicious siomai? Where else but at Mandarin Tea Garden! :) Siomai's are everywhere but  I'm not a fan of pork and beef siomai, even the shrimp. It's only Mandarin that serves chicken siomai (as what I know). So when Mai-mai craves for siomai, she hops to Mandarin. 


With Laiza

My another favorite is their sweet and sour fish fillet. Chicken siomai plus fish fillet. Yum! These are what I order everytime. I still look at the menu hoping to like something new but nope. I don't understand! I always end up still picking my favorites. :)

With me is Laiza. While I'm a siomai lover, she's a siomai master. (Not the master siomai because that's another thing.) She really is a siomai master who can consume 12 siomai in one sitting! And maybe more! Not impressed enough? Well, I am. I can't take in that much siomai though I'm Mai-mai siomai. And sheh loves siopao, too. So maybe I'll just be Mai-mai siomai and she's Laiza siopao. Heehee.. 


Location: KCC Mall of Gensan

2 comments:

Laiza said...

over! 8 pa lang ang record ko no! hahaha! it was 7 kasi you ate one of my quail egg siomai, remember?! and it's only Mandarin's quail egg siomai that makes me eat that much!

Ems Auj-Tam said...

8 ba yun? 3 servings ka kaya! tama ba? haha. eh feeling ko aabot ka rin ng 12.


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...