Sunday, March 17, 2013

I Miss The Rain

via


I dunno know about you, but I love rainy days more than sunny days. Maybe it has something to do with where I work. The sun is shining there 312 days a year and 78% more than in any part of Gensan. Haha! I just made those numbers up just to give a rough estimate of the weather here. But the rain really seldom visits Gensan. Not that I am complaining. I actually feel blessed that this city is kept safe even with the storm forecasts few times the past months.

Summer is just around the corner. While everybody is taking their floral dresses, sunnies, and shorts out of their closets, here I am missing my beloved rainy days. Those few days when I get the excuse to put on some layers, to have some extra lazy minutes on bed before dragging myself to get up, to sip from a bowl of my mom's oh so delicious macaroni soup, and to sit by the doorstep to admire the beauty of the raindrops. 

Watching the rain is one of my favorite things to do. I am completely amazed of its wonder. Though I am well aware of my science book on the rain formation and water cycle parts, I still cannot help but be in awe.

I discovered that little Caela is fond of the rain, too. One rainy morning, upon waking up, she sat by the doorstep and was quietly watching the rain. After a while, she was extending her arm and sometimes a foot waiting for the rain to "touch" her. 



No comments:


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...