Saturday, March 23, 2013

Why I Blog


via




I started blogging on March 2010. Thus, Happy Anniversary! :) I started with nothing in mind but to keep myself sane. I needed to do something new. I needed another outlet to express myself because maybe I got tired of talking to myself. Haha. Yeah, I had this habit of talking to myself especially when facing a mirror. I got rid of big mirrors in my room so I could only do small talking. :) 

Anyway, when I feel I need some growth, I find something new to do. Then I discovered blogging. Ever since, I was already drawn to lifestyle and personal blogs so I decided to be on that genre. Ok, I was not very knowledgeable about blogging. The first embarrassing moment I had in blogosphere was taking a photo from a blog because I was excited to share the information that he posted. I did this without giving credit to the author. Oopss! My bad! The author left me a message stating very gently that I had to give a link to his site. So that was my first lesson. 

And I guess that is just the only lesson I have had. Maybe I don't really know what the whole blogging thing means. What I only know is that this here is my happy place! You also have that, ayt? A garden maybe or a bookstore, a park, a coffee shop and the list goes on. Mine is this blog. So why do I love having this blog? Here are my top three reasons. Just 3 so please read along :)

1. I like to tell stories. I really like telling stories. This is my way of updating my friends of where life is bringing me to, of what days I am having, of what things I am being giddy about. Back in grade school, I was really talkative. I was always in the noisy list to the point that I could not buy myself a snack because I had to pay my penalty. Haha! Don't get me wrong here. I am really a very attentive student but on a supposedly quiet moment, I can't help but talk. So you may notice that sometimes, all I do is blab. :)

2. I want to share information. As much as I love talking about myself, this blog is not just about me. I do not want it to be just about me. As much as possible, I want to leave something to my readers. (Ang feeler ko. Parang ang dami talaga. Haha...) Maybe it's the teacher in me. I want to impart something and this is my teensy way to make the world a better place. Hehe. But seriously, I am striving to make this blog as informative as possible. 

3. I want to spread positive vibes. Since this is my happy place, I also want you to feel happy upon visiting me. In a world with so much negativity, here is a place of refuge. Here, I rejoice for pretty things, little milestones (and big, of course), wonderful relationships, and other amazing things. 


Last month, someone came up to me and said he was reading my blog. I wanted to shake his hand or give him a high five or whatever to show my appreciation. That was the first time I felt so surprised that someone was actually reading my blog. It made my day and my whole blogger being. Please excuse my being sentimental. Just give this to me. After all, it's my anniversary. :) But actually, I don't care if I have three or three thousand readers. I will still write the same things. I will still post the same photos. I will still tell the same stories.

To you who share my happy place with me, thank you so much! :) 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last month at SM KFC...

Still reading Ma'am...


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...